The Lord is my Shepherd



The six-versed 23rd Psalm can be said to be the most widely known Psalm of the Bible, but can It be said to be widely understood?

Lemme see if I can help contribute to It being understood.

Here It goes:

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want"
In other words, because the Lord is leading Me, I shall not be in want.
Because It is the Lord who is leading Me, I shall not lack anything because, He will make sure, as my Shepherd, to provide all that He deems best for me.


"He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul"
Our Lord gives us the best of everything, if only we will humble ourselves and follow His leading, we will be led to the best of everything we will need for physical and spiritual nourishment.

"He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake "
Our Shepherd whom we are following leads an exemplary life worthy of emulation, and if we follow Him, He will lead us along the same path of righteousness He treads, and will give His Spirit to us to help us be like Him.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me"
Even though we will walk through some paths of troubles in life, but because we are following The Lord and His directions, we should not be afraid, because His directions are not harmful but to give us hope and a future.

"You prepare a table before me...surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life"
In other words, because It is the Lord who is leading me, I am assured of only good things following me for the rest of my life.

"and I will live in the House of the Lord forever and ever"-Amen
This is a pledge from the sheep to always dwell in the House of the Shepherd for the rest of his life. Can you say this too?
The Shepherd will never leave us, but we, the sheep, always have a tendency to leave the Shepherd.
Now may God give us the grace to always stay with Him, for no other shepherd can take care of us like He does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter's denial

Justice Denied

Exodus 15:22-23

Romans 8:28

Isaiah 42:3

When the roll is called up yonder

The Christian and His Health

1 Kings 22:1-8

Too late to change?

I Thessalonians 4:17-18